The Italian company KUTTNER SAVELLI manufactures molding lines and sand preparation plants for foundries using green sand technology.
Modern molding lines are equipped with the SAND CONTROL system (mixture control system), AQUATEST system (mixture humidity control system), automatic pattern plates change stations, automatic core setting devices, automatic devices for drilling ventilation holes (taps), etc.
With help of KUTTNER SAVELLI equipment produces castings from ferrous and non-ferrous metals, from various fields of application.
KUTTNER SAVELLI has huge experience in the design and commissioning of complete turnkey foundries. All projects are developed individually in accordance with customer requirements. Before shipment, the equipment is assembled and tested at the KUTTNER SAVELLI facility in Brescia (Italy).
With over 260 references worldwide, KUTTNER SAVELLI manufactures:
- Automatic molding lines with productivity up to 300 molds per hour.
- Sand preparation plants with output from 30 to 600 tons of green sand mix per hour.
Automatic molding lines with productivity up to 300 molds per hour.
Features of the molding equipment KUTTNER SAVELLI
1. The method of mould compaction FormImpress®
The FormImpress® mould compaction method is a combined bottom and cope mould squeezing system.
Step 1. Loading the sand mix into the weighing hopper above moulding machine. The FormImpress® frame is open.
Step 2. Raising the table with the pattern plate and flask.
Step 3. Dosing of the sand mix from the hopper into the flask
Step 4. Positioning the multi piston head above the flask. Leveling the mixture.
Step 5. Raise the table with the pattern plate and flask to the upper position. Preliminary compaction of the sand mix from the peripheral side of the mold.
Step 6. Raising the table, the FormImpress® frame closes, thereby pushing the pattern plate from bottom into the mould. There is a process of bottom squeezing (1st stage).
Step 7. Active squeezing from the top (up to 15 kg / cm2) using a differentiable multi piston head. There is a process of top squeezing (2st stage).
Step 8. Lowering the table with the pattern plate and flask. Mould stripping by raising the FormImpress® frame.
Step 9. Complete lowering of the table. The mould with flask is mounted on conveyor rollers for transfer to the further process areas. Next, the preparation of an empty flask to the molding station.
Key advantages of the FormImpress® moulding method:
- Ideal compaction of a mould with a high density in the pattern plate layer and a decrease in density in
the direction from the pattern plate to the periphery.
- The high operation ratio of the pattern plate and its rational use is due to the lack of vents on the
periphery of the pattern plates.
- Compared to the air-impulse moulding method, Formimpress® eliminates the cost of preparing compressed air. Due to this, the energy intensity of the mould is reduced by ~ 30%.
- By regulating the pressure in the contours of the multi piston head, the gas permeability of the mould is regulated.
- No noise during moulding.
2. Use of electromechanical pushers El-Mec
For more than 30 years, KUTTNER SAVELLI has been equipping molding lines with El-Mec electromechanical pushers for transporting flasks and trolleys in order to reduce energy consumption, reduce maintenance costs, and reduce environmental impact.
Key advantages of using El-Mec electromechanical pushers:
- Significant energy savings (up to 40% compared to hydraulics).
- Optimal adjustment of the speed of movement along the entire line and regulation of speed along the entire line and the constancy of "repeatability".
- El-Mec pushers are not affected by environmental conditions.
- Easy installation
- No serious maintenance required. The El-Mec pushers are based on brushless motors with bearing elements that wear out with a warranty of ~ 20,000 hours.
- Flexible and fully developed KUTTNER SAVELLI software.
- Fire safety. The risk of fire or explosion is reduced to zero due to lack of oil.
- Minimal environmental pollution. Now there is no need to dispose of used oil products, this undoubtedly saves time and helps to reduce environmental pollution.
3. The system of combined cooling of moulds
For high-performance lines (more than 50 molds per hour), where a long casting cooling time is required, KUTTNER SAVELLI optionally offers a combined cooling system: in flasks + in metal jackets.
Features of using a combined cooling system
1. Space saving for the cooling system. This feature is due to the placement of the cooling system in metal jackets at several levels.
2. Savings on the flask pairs. 1 metal jacket holds 2 moulds. Cost of 3 jackets (with 6 moulds) = cost of 1 set of flasks.
Flask size 1400x1800x200/350 mm, output 100 moulds/hour.
Flask size 1100x900x320/320 mm, output 110 moulds/hour.
Flask size 1100x900x320/320 mm, output 110 moulds/hour.
Flask size 950x900x250/250 mm, output 200 moulds/hour.
Flask size 3000x1800x500/500 mm, output 20 moulds/hour.
Flask size 1350x1050x400/400 mm, output 80 moulds/hour.
Sand preparation plants with output from 30 to 600 tons of green sand mix per hour.
KUTTNER SAVELLI manufactures complex autonomous plants for the preparation, transportation and distribution of moulding sand with output from 30 to 600 tons per hour, including:
- Silos and bins;
- Pneumatic transport systems;
- Polygonal screens with a productivity of 10-400 t / h;
- Bucket elevators;
- Belt conveyors 400 - 1400 mm wide;
- Sand coolers type SK with a capacity of 30-350 t / h;
- SGMT type mixers with a productivity of 30 - 240 t / h;
- Humidity control systems "AQUATEST" (Aquatest);
- Mix control systems "SAND CONTROL" (Sand Control);
- Apron conveyors.